OTC is holding an outdoor job fair this morning on Lot K of its Springfield campus.
Ozarks Technical Community College’s Career Services will host an outdoor job fair on Thursday, June 10, from 9 a.m. to noon in Lot K of the OTC Springfield Campus. The parking lot is located at the northeast corner of Central Street and Hampton Avenue. OTC students, alumni and the general public are all encouraged to attend. Participants do not need to pre-register.
This event comes just a month after OTC hosted a job fair at the Springfield campus. Demand was so high from employers seeking workers, the career services department organized another event.
“For our event in May, we had space for 50 employers, but we had many more who wanted to recruit employees,” said Lacey Busick, OTC career advisor. “It’s such a contrast from last summer when we had far more job-seekers than jobs. Now, many employers are looking to hire.”
Thirty local employers will attend OTC’s outdoor job fair, including CoxHealth, Arvest Bank, Missouri State Highway Patrol, Lakeland Behavioral Health and Paul Mueller.
To make the most of the opportunity, OTC Career Services recommends that job seekers:
- Bring several copies of their résumé to give to potential employers, plus a few extra.
- Be prepared with a list of references, written work or a portfolio.
- Dress the same as they would for a job interview.
- Turn off their cell phones when talking to potential employers.
- Be prepared to ask the recruiters questions.
- Follow up after the event with a note or email to the recruiter expressing their interest in the job.