106.7 The River and our friends at Ozark Fence & Supply Company are proud supporters of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
It’s important to keep your health and well-being at the top of your mind. Stay informed with breast cancer awareness during the month of October with up-to-date information from our friends at the Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks.
Read below for our helpful facts and tips regarding this deadly disease. Knowledge is the first step in winning the fight against cancer:
- Do your breast self-exam monthly after reaching age 40. If you’re not sure how to do your breast self-exam, use an app on your phone, a computer, or a mobile device to help you. Learn how to perform a breast self-exam and how it benefits you.
- One way to help prevent breast cancer is to make smart choices of food, drink, and exercise so you keep a healthy weight. Keep slim to lower your risk for cancer, especially breast cancer. A healthy diet has lots of benefits.
- Breast cancer is becoming more survivable; especially when found early and treated effectively. More people are surviving this disease. Treatments and detection methods have improved greatly, making the journey through breast cancer more bearable. To find out more about breast cancer treatments, you can CLICK HERE.
- The Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks reaches out to communities through breast cancer education and awareness initiatives. BCFO works to share both the facts and the myths about breast cancer. If you would like more information on learning how BCFO can help your organization or group, CLICK HERE.
- The Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks provides free mammogram screenings to uninsured and underinsured residents in southwest Missouri. For more information and to see if you qualify, CLICK HERE.
So much more information can be found when you visit our friends at the BCFO. Visit them online when you CLICK HERE.
Not needing information on Breast Cancer, but want to help with the cause? Help our friends at the BCFO today with a donation when you CLICK HERE.
Special thanks to our sponsors at Ozark Fence & Supply Company.