OTC plans to offer some short-term courses this fall and winter to help students get the skills they need to meet employer needs.
The Center for Workforce Development at Ozarks Technical Community College will provide short-term courses this fall and winter to help potential employees gain in-demand skills to meet employer needs. Students pay nothing to attend the accelerated career training opportunities. Anyone may enroll in the classes as long as they are at least 18 years old.
Students have seven different courses to choose from:
- Welding: 10 weeks (weekends only), begins Oct. 9.
- Architectural drafting: four weeks, begins Oct. 18
- Logistics technician*: seven weeks, begins Oct. 26. *(Includes fork truck certification)
- Cybersecurity: 24 weeks (online), begins Nov. 2
- Mechanical drafting: four weeks, begins Nov. 15.
- Construction: four weeks, begins Dec. 14
- HVAC assistant: two weeks, begins Dec. 14
The construction course will be held at the Table Rock campus.
All other classes are held on the OTC Springfield Campus, except cybersecurity, which is an online course.
Students interested in enrolling in any of the classes should call the Center for Workforce Development at 417-447-8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.