(KTTS News) — Filing has opened for six seats on the Springfield City Council.
Those include the mayor’s seat and city council seats for Zones 1, 2, and 3, and General Seats C and D.
The Zone 1 seat currently held by Monica Horton is for the remaining two years of the term.
Those wishing to serve on Springfield’s City Council can pick up packets from the City Clerk or review the information on the City’s website beginning at 8 a.m., Monday, Oct. 3. The link will be live at that time. Petitions must be obtained through the City Clerk’s office and cannot be downloaded.
Petitions must be turned in to the Office of the City Clerk between Dec. 5, 2022 and Jan. 17, 2023.
If special accommodations are needed, please contact City Clerk Anita Cotter at 417-864-1651.
Six seats will be up for election to be decided April 4, 2023. The first day for filing will be Dec. 5, 2022. Completed petitions must be delivered to the City Clerk’s Office during normal business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m.) from Dec. 5 , 2022 through Jan. 17, 2023.
The following seats are up for election:
- Mayor (Currently served by Ken McClure)
- Zone 1 (Currently served by Monica Horton). This is for the remaining two years of the term.
- Zone 2 (Currently served by Abe McGull)
- Zone 3 (Currently served by Mike Schilling)
- General Seat C (Currently served by Andy Lear)
- General Seat D (Currently served by Richard Ollis).
- Must be a registered voter in the City of Springfield
- Must have been a resident of the City of Springfield for at least two years prior to appointment
- Those running for Zone Council seats must have been a resident of the Zone they are running for at least one year immediately prior to appointment
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.1 (Felony Conviction)
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.2(1) (Delinquent Taxes)
- Must have completed and filed Missouri Department of Revenue form 5120 per state law RsMO 115.306(2).